Bridge Six Major Rehabilitation Project
June 2021 - Present / WSN Construction
WSN Construction responsibilities include:
- The double track east/west railway bridge known as bridge #6 over the Welland Canal at the Flights Lock in St. Catharines. The bridge rail line is one of the major commercial arteries for trade between Canada & the US.
- WSN’s contract to complete upgrades and rehabilitation of all piping, mechanical & structural steel related work in conjunction with Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.
- The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of new Span Drive Machinery including motor brakes, enclosures, brake wheels, covers, guards, floating and pinion shaft, bearings, limit switches, machinery support skid & cover plates.
- Removal and replacement of new Spanlock Machinery including actuators, guides, receiving sockets, brackets and fasteners. Also new spanlock lifting beams at all locations.
- Removal and replacement of new Span and Counterweight Buffers.
- Installation of new mounting fasteners.
- Removal and replacement of new Tread and Track Plates. This Includes grinding down welds and the repair of segmental girder after removal of existing track and tread.
- Installation of Structural Steel, Miscellaneous Metal and Steel Repair.
- Installation of all steel framing, supports, floor plates, roof frames for new machinery house.
- Installation of new access platform, ladders & replace existing access walkways & guardrail on North and South of west approach spans.
- Complete installation of transfer pipes, pumps required to complete the filtering of initial gearbox oil fill.