Safety & Quality
WSN Construction is committed to providing the safest and healthiest workplace achievable. This commitment is not exclusive to our employees; it extends to our clients and their employees, the public, subcontractors, visitors, consultants, regulatory inspectors, and all other persons who may be affected by our activities and the hazards inherent to work sites.
Laying The Groundwork For The Future
WSN Construction is committed to providing the safest and healthiest workplace achievable. This commitment is not exclusive to our employees; it extends to our clients and their employees, the public, subcontractors, visitors, consultants, regulatory inspectors, and all other persons who may be affected by our activities and the hazards inherent to work sites. To fulfill this commitment to health and safety, we are committed to:
- Developing and communicating clear health- and safety-related responsibilities, accountabilities, and lines of communication for every person/position.
- Thoroughly evaluating projects for health and safety hazards, and developing controls to protect personnel.
- Providing adequate levels of professional supervision on every project.
- Ensuring all persons working and visiting our projects receive project-specific health and safety information, and are knowledgeable of the controls that will keep them safe.
- Developing and maintaining a competency-based employee education and training program.
- Fostering a culture that makes the health, safety, and well-being of our employees our number one priority – more important than production, profits, and serving our clients – and providing every employee the absolute right and obligation to question, stop, and correct any unsafe act or condition.
- Providing appropriate and well-maintained tools, equipment, and personal protective equipment.
- Regularly auditing the company’s and individuals’ health and safety performance.
Quality is Non-negotiable
At WSN Construction, we approach all tasks with methodical quality assurance procedures. Pre-Construction, Construction, and Post-Construction activities are structured to ensure that we support our project partners and meet their expectations.
Careful structure of tendering and review are our first step to understanding the intention of the project, allowing us to best help our project partners in attaining their goals.
The use of detailed project execution plans, comprehensive ITPs, incremental design reviews, constructability reviews, and a collaborative transparent process allows WSN Construction to ensure successful project execution and client satisfaction.
No matter how unique the nature of the construction, WSN Construction is able to distill the requirements into a plan that allows all project team members to review, participate, and design the execution.
We are proud to have the following quality approvals on our record:
• ASME “A” Certificate of Authorization for assembly of power boilers in accordance with ASME BPVC Section I
• CWB certified to CSA W47.1 Division 2 Custom Structural Steel Fabrication
• Company Code WSNIC1
• Approved procedures for fillet & full penetration groove welds using SMAW,
GMAW, GTAW, and FCAW/MCAW
• National Board “R” Certificate of Authorization for metallic repairs and/or alterations in accordance with the NBIC
• ECA/ESA Licensed Electrical Contractor
• TSSA Certificates of Authorization:
• Fabrication, assembly, and erection of power piping in accordance with CSA B51 and ASME B31.1
• Fabrication, assembly, and erection of process piping in accordance with CSA B51 and ASME B31.3
• Manufacture of pressure vessels in accordance ASME BPVC Section VIII and CSA B51
• Repair and alteration of boilers, pressure vessels, piping, and Category A, B, C, D, E, F, & H fittings in accordance with CSA B51
• Welding of ferrous & non-ferrous metals & dissimilar metals:
• Carbon (P1), Stainless (P8), Duplex (P10H)
• Nickel alloys (Monel (P42), Hastelloy (P43), Alloy 20 (P45)
• High temperature Chrome Moly steels (P4, P5A, P9, P15E), and Aluminum alloys
• Procedures are registered with TSSA to ASME Section IX
• Temper Bead weld Procedure for (P1) materials up to 8” thickness
• TSSA Fuels Safety Heating Contractor
Areas of Expertise:
We believe in continuous improvement for our clients, our community, and our people. As a strategic partner, we pride ourselves in executing innovative construction tempered with tradition. This means providing forward-thinking construction, maintenance, and operations support, while valuing communication, safety, and excellence.
Our expertise extends across markets including waste to energy, mining, steel, forestry, waste management, and power generation.
- Power piping & process piping fabrication, including jet fuel, sanitary & food grade systems
- Skid-mounted or module assemblies, pressure vessels, and field-erected storage tanks
- Assemblies include carbon, stainless steel, duplex, and nickel alloys (Inconel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy, Monel), chrome moly alloy steels, aluminum, thermoplastic, fiberglass
- Fabrication to API standards