LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR THE FUTURE
WSN Construction is committed to providing the safest and healthiest workplace achievable. This commitment is not exclusive to our employees; it extends to our clients and their employees, the public, subcontractors, visitors, consultants, regulatory inspectors, and all other persons who may be affected by our activities and the hazards inherent to work sites. To fulfill this commitment to health and safety, we are committed to:
- Developing and communicating clear health and safety-related responsibilities, accountabilities, and lines of communication for every person/position.
- Thoroughly evaluating projects for health and safety hazards, and developing controls to protect personnel.
- Providing adequate levels of professional supervision on every project.
- Ensuring all persons working and visiting our projects receive project-specific health and safety information, and are knowledgeable of the controls that will keep them safe.
- Developing and maintaining a competency-based employee education and training program.
- Fostering a culture that makes the health, safety, and well-being of our employees our number one priority – more important than production, profits, and serving our clients – and providing every employee the absolute right and obligation to question, stop, and correct any unsafe act or condition.
- Providing appropriate and well-maintained tools, equipment, and personal protective equipment.
- Regularly auditing the company’s and individual’s health and safety performance.
- W.S. Nicholls Western Construction Ltd. – COVID-19 Pandemic Protocol
Commitment to Environmental Protection
WSN Construction environmental protection policies are a are a key component for all the work we do. We take care to identify and mitigate any potential environmental hazards at our facilities and project sites, and we always adhere to the highest standards for environmental safety.
As a forward-looking, progressive organization, we are committed to a proactive approach towards environmental protection and stewardship. We recognize that profit and the environment do not always demand the same action, and we strive to harmonize economic and ecological priorities. In our efforts to continually improve our environmental performance, we go beyond the legal requirements. This practice has become a tenant with our employees and a practice in everyday operations.
WSN Construction is committed to reducing negative impacts on the environment, and when possible, we assist our customers by helping them select renewable resources and environmentally-friendly power options and construction methodology.